"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One Year Ago...

One year ago today, I was in Tokyo, Japan winding down from a whirlwind tour of Kyushu. For several days, I visited Kumamoto, Mt. Aso Volcano National Park, Nagasaki, Sasebo and Fukuoka. The day before (April 22), I took an all-day train ride on the Shinkansen (bullet train) from Fukuoka to Tokyo.

This year, I have a bit too much free time since I was laid off last November. The economic conditions today are hurting a lot of people. My lay-off is directly linked to the mortgage crisis that started last year. I am afraid economic conditions will get more worse before they get better.

Frankly, I was better off last year than I am now. A couple of good things about being out of work is that I had the most healthy winter in memory (since I wasn't around people, I didn't catch anything) and I am not paying these outrageous gasoline prices to get to and from work.

We'll see how things go in the next few months. If you have a job, do the best you can to save more than usual. It just might come in handy if your company finds they have to downsize as mine did.

No comments:

Search This Blog