"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

G-FEST XV In The History Books

Nakajima Suite

G-FEST XV is now in the history books!

The convention went well (despite some glitches involving the screening of "Godzilla vs. Biollante" and a fan film called "Godzilla Zero Hour"). But the attendees had a great time and they enjoyed meeting Mr. Nakajima and Don Frye from "Godzilla: Final Wars." They also were treated to sessions by Don Glut and August Ragone. Ragone also signed his book, "Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters" and Clawmark Toys sold out about two boxes full of this book.

It was a pleasure to see Haruo Nakajima again (the last time was in 2001 at the Tokyo International Film Festival) and meeting his daughter. Here I am with the Nakajimas after bringing them to their suite at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (above). (Click on the photo to see the full frame.)

I am now starting my full, detailed report for the next G-FAN. I've posted some photos of the convention in my pictures section at MySpace. Feel free to peruse them and comment.

Oh, yes. I got my cell phone back from the Flyaway bus company. While getting out of their bus at LAX last Wednesday, it popped out of my shirt pocket. Fortunately, it was found after I called the bus company within minutes of exiting the bus. Whew!

Next year's G-FEST (number 16) will also be held on Independence Day weekend. Now's the time to save your pennies and plan on attending.

No comments:

Search This Blog