"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

AOL To Dump My Hometown Pages

AOL has sent notice that as of October 31, they will no longer be using FT Pages or My Hometown for webpages for members. It does not appear that they will be replacing it with something else.

This was one of the things that attracted me to AOL. Along with photo albums and email, they provided free web pages to members. Many use them for hobbies, business and family stuff.

I started my first web page, Armand's Corner of the Net, back in 2000 when I first signed up with AOL. I am one of those few people who never changed Internet providers or email addresses. I don't know if the page will be gone as of October 31 or that it will remain but unchangable.

It doesn't affect me all that much as I mainly use my blog page over here at Blogspot.com these days. I just made what may be my last update this morning. There's links to my AOL pages on the main page of this blog.

The Internet is constantly evolving, and this is just another part of the evolutionary process. Many of us may look upon the present as "the good ol days." Sad, nonetheless.

No comments:

Search This Blog