"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 19, 2008

"Deep Throat" Dies

Weird things happen on occasion, and last night was another one.

I was reading David Frost's book on his interviews with former President Richard Nixon, I Gave Them A Sword, last night. There's a new movie starring Frank Langella as Nixon called Frost/Nixon and directed by Ron Howard, so I figured I'd re-read the Frost book before seeing the movie.

At about 10:30 last night, I heard the news report that Watergate's "Deep Throat" had passed away:

W. Mark Felt, the former FBI second-in-command who revealed himself as "Deep Throat" 30 years after he tipped off reporters to the Watergate scandal that toppled a president, has died. He was 95.


Here I was reading about Watergate last night and, lo and behold, one of its principal figures passed away. Talk about weird!

No comments:

Search This Blog