"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The World Is Reading



When one puts up a website or blog on the Internet, the concept of people around the world accessing and reading what's posted is abstract at best.

On April 12, I added a Clustrmap to this blog. A little over a week later, there's clusters from virtually every continent in the world, with the exception of Africa.

I was surprised to see recorded "hits" from ISP codes from faraway places like Nepal, Turkey, Fiji, Singapore and others. Naturally, I would expect to see some from English-speaking places like United Kingdom, Australia and others. There's even some from China, Russia, Taiwan, Brazil, Saudi Arabia and Argentina. Japan is understandable as I post a lot of articles on Japan travel and kaiju movies.

I am curious as to what topics I posted drew the interest of the other countries. Godzilla? Japan travel? U.S. politics? G-FAN magazine? (If you are a reader from a country outside of the U.S., please feel free to post on what caught your attention here.)

So now the concept of world-wide Internet communication is no longer an abstract one. All I can say is a big "Wow!" Also, I might add, "Welcome!"

No comments:

Search This Blog