"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 27, 2009

Burk Murder Hits Close To Home

The Lily Burk murder is really hitting close to home with me.

She was found in a parking lot at Alameda Street and 5th Street (or 4th Street, depending upon reports) Saturday morning after being abducted Friday afternoon while running errands. This is near where I've had lunch many times. There's a McDonalds on Alameda and 8th Street, and I have eaten lunch at any one of those lots several times (homeless people hang out at the McDonalds and are a constant annoyance).

The Los Angeles Times is reporting:

Burk had gone to the campus at the old Bullock's Wilshire building Friday to collect some papers for her mother, an attorney who worked there. The sources, who spoke on the condition that they not be named because the investigation was ongoing, told The Times that detectives believe the motive was robbery and that Burk appears to have been abducted from that area.


The old Bullock's Wilshire building is mere blocks away from the offices of Securitas USA, the company I work for. And, it is directly across the street from the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services, which is one of our accounts, which is on the corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Westmoreland Av.

UPDATE: It is curious that the mugshot of suspect Charlie Samuels, 50, has not been released as yet. Wonder why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is 2 blocks away from where I work...I go to that Valero a lot for gas etc...this scares the crap out of me. I am a white woman who frequents that area at all times for my job..I knew it was bad...but this really does hit home with me too! So sad for her family...so sad!

Anonymous said...

Jesus..I posted the last comment about going to that Valero...and just realized I was there at 5:30 pm on Friday to get some water and stuff for me and a friend of mine who was driving a moving truck for me...we drove down Alameda and stopped at that Valero...I must have seen her car...eerie feeling knowing I was right there and she was dead in her car. I can't sleep now.

Anonymous said...

I know why his mugshot wasn't released earlier.

Search This Blog