"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

G-TOUR: A Free Day In Tokyo

Above, Wako Dept. Store in Ginza.

Today was a free day in Tokyo five years ago in which G-TOUR members were able to do what they pleased all day.

Some headed to Yokohama to see the Godzilla exhibit at the Matsuzakaaya department store. The exhibit was extensive. It included the suits of the U.N. Mechagodzilla, Mogera, Heisei Godzilla, GMK Baragon and Godzilla and Little Godzilla. J.D. Lees took his family to Tokyo Disneyland.

For myself, I went to went to hobby stores in Shinjuku, Shibuya, Nakano and Roppongi.

That evening, my roommate Gary Guinn and I went into Roppongi for some more "nightclubbing." While doing so, I met a Japanese girl named Kyoko. We hit it off and have kept in touch since. We met up for lunch during my 2006 trip at a French restaurant in Ginza (below).



The next day, we left Tokyo for the Hakone-Mt. Fuji region.

No comments:

Search This Blog