"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Adams Pack Station Destroyed In Fire?

This afternoon, I received a call from someone purporting to be a claims adjuster who found the blog I posted on the Platrix plaque dedication at the Adams Pack Station in Chantry Flats.

He indicated that the Station Fire burnt down the Pack Station and requested additional photos of the Pack Station. He says he has photos of the damaged/destroyed Pack Station.

I just sent him a couple of photos of what I have in my laptop's hard drive. The rest of my photos are on a CD-Rom at home (I am at work now).

If he sends me the photos of Adams Pack Station, I'll post them here.

UPDATE (9/10/09): I received the following email message:

Author: Cafe Observer
Comment:
Armand, one of the Adams Pack St owners this morning let me know that they are fire free. They are still around! They haven't been destroyed, but they aren't totally out of the woods with this fire yet. The big question is when will they be able to return and reopen.
So, this adjuster who told you that bad news is wrong. I don't know where he got his info. This fire has ignited a brunch of rumors!


Although the Adams Pack Station is potentially still in a perilous situation, it is good news that it is still standing.

2 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Armand.
That photo of the plaque dedication is one I'd like to share on my blog with your permission.

Adams destroyed by the Station Fire? That's news to me and would mean the fire quickly got out of control and went southwest from it's current direction.

Did this person ever send you his photos showing it burned down?

I didn't get an update today from the owners of APS saying thing were going bad. I'll double-ck with them.

One thing this fire has done besides spread its flames, is spread rumors. We've heard much about this or that part of the forest having burnt or survived.

If you find out more, let me know. Thanks for your concern!

Armand Vaquer said...

CP: Thanks for your comments. Go ahead and use the plaque dedication photo.

As for the adjuster, I sent him two photos from the plaque dedication but I haven't heard anything further.

I would appreciate it if you can post an update on the status of the Adams Pack Station. For some reason, I have my doubts about the story. - A.

Search This Blog