"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Mary Kathryn Charleston Vaquer

Above, Mary Vaquer with granddaughter Amber and son Armand a one of her favorite places, Zion National Park in Utah, September 2003.

Mary Kathryn Charleston Vaquer

March 11, 1933 - January 15, 2010

My mom, Mary Kathryn Charleston Vaquer, passed away peacefully tonight at 2:00 a.m. at Tarzana Providence Medical Center. She was 76.

After a valiant fight, she passed away surrounded by the love of granddaughter Amber, niece Lydia and myself. Before the ventilator was turned off, a prayer over her was led by Lydia.

She was a beloved mother, grandmother, aunt and friend. She was active in the PTA, Cub Scouts and encouraged my interest in science-fiction and horror movies (I took her to G-FEST 2000). She loved to travel and was a avid Elvis Presley fan. She also attended Ronald Reagan's victory party in 1980 at the Century Plaza Hotel. She outlived my dad by ten years and one month.

Funeral arrangements are pending but, per her wishes, she will be cremated and will be laid to rest with my father at Riverside National Cemetery in Riverside, California.

Arrangements will be carried out through Lorenzen Mortuary, 19300 Sherman Way, Reseda, California 91335.

My family and I would like to thank everyone who prayed for my mom's recovery and who sent their best wishes. They are deeply appreciated.

5 comments:

Mitch said...

Merle,
Our deepest condolances are with you and family. Your mom was like a second mother to me as we were growing up.

God Bless
Mitch

Maria Malone said...

Dearest Merle and Amber, I am so sorry for your loss. Aunt Mary will be deeply missed. I will hold her close to my heart forever. No more pain...she is in a better place and resting in peace. God Bless Our Family. Sincerely, Your Cousin, Maria Malone

iblucia said...

Merle & Amber:
Our thoughts and prayers to you. Aunt Mary was a special person that will be remembered in our hearts always. If you need anything, we are here for you.

Love: Jeff & Lu

Unknown said...

I am sorry Armand. My condolances to you and your loved ones. I'll see to it my school's prayer club adds you to the list of people/families to pray for...

Anonymous said...

Armand - My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I am sorry for your family's loss.

Bill in CT

Search This Blog