"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

You Can't Win Them All



Today was a rainy day in Los Angeles, so I spent much of it promoting online The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

I also was checking around for upcoming vacation and travel shows to possibly get a booth or table to sell The Guide. Unfortunately, most travel shows are held in the autumn months. There's slim pickings after that. We're now in the "slim pickings" season.

I found one in the not-so-distant future (and not too far, either) that looked promising. I completed their website's query form on getting a booth at the show and submitted it.

There must've been a reason the organizers didn't provide the booth prices on their website, I thought. Soon, I received a nice email response from the organizer and it contained a PDF file attachment.

After downloading the attachment, I looked through it and, lo and behold, the price for the smallest booth at the show was over $1,600 for the weekend! Ouch!

It would be nice if I could afford $1,600, but I'd have to sell over 100 books just to make up the booth expense. They claim they get over 30,000 attendees to their show. With an attendance like that, it may be conceivable that I could possibly sell over 100 books there. But with $1,600 to pay right out of the gate, it is not something I can afford to risk. And, that doesn't even count getting a room in the city where it's being held and the gasoline to get there. Oh, well.

Looks like I'll have to keep on looking.

To order The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog