"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 29, 2010

Denise Smith Geriminsky

Above, Mitch and Denise at their Cruiser Motor Sports Store in Moreno Valley, California.

2010 is not starting off on a good footing of late.

I learned earlier today that Denise Smith Geriminsky, wife of my friend Mitch, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away yesterday in Moreno Valley.

According to Mitch's sister Sheila, Denise fractured her hip and went to the hospital on Saturday night. She then had surgery on Sunday (yesterday). That went well, but then she had a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot to the lung).

Understandably, Mitch is in shock (I've been there with the passing of my mom in January, and it is not fun) from this turn of events.

Mitch and Denise own Cruiser Motor Sports car accessory store in Moreno Valley, California. If memory serves, Denise graduated from Redondo Beach High School in 1972. Mitch graduated from Hawthorne High School in 1972.

Your prayers at this time are appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"GODSPEED" DENISE; MAY ANGELS TAKE YOU TO A GREAT PLACE IN HEAVEN; WHERE YOU CAN GET THE PEACE AND HEALING NOW NO MORE PAIN.... YOU ARE NOW WITH YOUR MOM AND DAD AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND EVEN YOUR ANIMALS YOU TOO THAT HAVE ALSO GONE ON TO THE NEXT REALM; HEAVEN.

IM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU; YOU WERE TO YOUNG BUT YA KNOW;GOD MUST OF HAD SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO DO AND HE JUST COULDNT WAIT.

SINCERLY; SHEILA GERIMINSKY

Richard G. Carrillo said...

I've known Mitch and Denise for 25 years. In fact, I was stationed with Mitch at March AFB, CA when we were in the Air Force.
As soon as their son Michael called to let me know, I rushed out to CA to be with Mitch during this time of grief. I stayed with Mitch for 6 weeks. He really appreciated. The hardest time to face, is when everyone leaves and you're alone. The first few weeks were the toughest and I was there.
I also was there for the one year anniversary of her passing. You see, Denise passed away on my birthday, so being at the cemetery this March 28th was bitter sweet. I know she no longer suffers and is finally getting the rest she longed for. Yes, she is with her parents, loved ones and even with her sweet animals that have passed.
I can only hope the hurt and sorrow will diminish over time for Mitch and their son Michael. I've lost my mother and that was very painful. I couldn't fathom losing my wife and the pain that would cause. I'm just glad I was able to be there for him in his time of need.
Denise Luette Smith Geriminsky, may you rest in peace and my God bless you and yours.

Search This Blog