"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dollar vs. Yen: No Real Improvement



It's been a while since I took a good look at the exchange rate between the U.S. Dollar and the Japanese Yen.

Unfortunately, things haven't improved much.

Today's rate (per the Universal Currency Converter) is:

1 USD = 92.6710 JPY / 1 JPY = 0.0107909 USD


The dollar is still weak against the yen and I foresee no signs of real improvement.

My last trip to Japan (in April 2007) I received 116 yen for every dollar exchanged.

In 2007, I exchanged $1,500 for yen and I received 174,000 yen. Today, $1,500 would only get a traveler 139,006 yen. That's a difference of 34,994 yen (roughly a $350 loss of value). In other words, I'd have to exchange $1,850 to get the same amount of yen as I did in 2007.

Regardless of the situation with the exchange rates, I am contemplating a visit to Japan either this summer or fall to gather more material for possible future editions of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

Maybe the exchange rate will improve a tad, especially if the GOP re-takes Capitiol Hill and repairs the damage caused by the Democrats. We shall see.

No comments:

Search This Blog