"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 9, 2010

Japan In October?

Above, the Bunkamura, the site of the 2001 Tokyo International Film Festival that I attended.

Planning to go to Japan usually begins with deciding on when to go. What is the best time of the year to go? How will the financial picture be at that time? Will there be any events or holidays in Japan to be mindful of? Etc.?

Right now, I've tentatively decided to go about the time of the 2010 Tokyo International Film Festival. It will be held from October 23 through October 31. The last TIFF I attended was back in 2001, during my first trip to Japan. At that festival, Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack was the big draw.

This will also afford me the opportunity to gather more material for possible updated editions of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

Depending on screening schedules (and whether or not I can obtain tickets), I might do some quick trips to other areas of Japan.

The other consideration would be how much airfares will be at the time. Already I've checked out several discount airfare websites and the cheapest was $600, and that doesn't includes fees and taxes.

This'll probably be my last Japan trip on my current Passport. I'll have to renew it in 2011. But, I may squeeze in another trip before it expires.

It will be great to be back in Tokyo. I've gone past "withdrawls" since the last trip in 2007.

No comments:

Search This Blog