"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Meeting The Boss, Etc.

As many who have known me know, I've been working for almost a year and a half for an independent adjuster from out of San Bernardino, California (around 70 miles from L.A.). Funny thing is, although we talk on the phone all the time, we've never met face-to-face.

That is, until noon today. She will be in the area on business and we decided to take the opportunity to meet. We're to meet up at the local Coffee Bean.

I'll post an update after the meeting.

One can usually tell how busy I am by the number of blog posts I put up. This one will be the first in several days. Thankfully, I have been busy with insurance work that has kept me on the road. I also have a "parachute" job of patrolling in Malibu. The independent adjusting business can be very sporatic. One can be overloaded with work or it can slow down to a trickle. It was pretty much dead (as far as I was concerned) from about October of last year until March.

Last night was interesting. One of the residents at a gated community I patrol decided to throw a big party. The residence is not large and there were several hundred college-age and teens showing up. Cars were all over the place. Noting that there was freely-flowing beer there and things were getting out of hand (plus complaints by neighbors), we had to call in the sheriff (the L.A. County Sheriff handles law enforcement in Malibu under contract). Two words will definitely get the cops out: "Underage drinking." They soon got there and busted up the party.

It was interesting to see what the girls who showed up were wearing. The vast majority of them favored black dresses with hemlines just barely below the crotch. Is this the latest fad or something?

One other thing has kept me busy. A gal I met last July popped back up. We had lost touch for a few months and she no longer has the phone number that I programmed into my phone. Well, we're now an item. There's a few things that need to be worked out. I'm taking it slow. This has also kept me busy. With the year beginning in such a crappy way, this has been a most welcome development.

Lately, things have been going good. The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan is doing good, there's plenty of work and I've a new diversion. So I can't complain (it doesn't do any good anyway).

Anyway, I need to prepare breakfast and get ready to meet the boss.

UPDATE: Met the boss and the meeting went well. She is about my age and still an attractive lady. She plans on reducing her time on the road and wants to assign more work in my direction. The meeting couldn't have gone better!

No comments:

Search This Blog