"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Gift In The Mail

Above, Rhodes Reason and Armand.

Yesterday, I received a nice item from Oriental Cinema publisher Damon Foster, a two-disc DVD collection of rarities. Damon intended to hand me the set at G-FEST in July, but due to the "Christmas Day Massacre," I won't be attending the convention. So he mailed me the DVDs.

Disc one contains highlights of the 2007 G-FEST in Chicago that had actor Rhodes Reason, actress Shelley Sweeney, actor Robert Scott Field and filmmaker Don Glut as guests. Much of it was behing-the-scenes pranks that Damon pulled on unsuspecting convention attendees. Lots of funny stuff!

Included were the convention's staff introductions. When I introduced myself, Shelley Sweeney made a quip about us meeting up for coffee in Tokyo (we did this twice). I had completely forgotten this.

Disc two contains a trailer for Korea's Tae Kwon V, N.O.T.L.D. on E.T. (featuring Vincent Price), a Ureme movie trailer, a Tsuburaya music video, and other items. I haven't watched disc two yet.

I did watch disc one, and I could not help but think how nice it was when everyone got along on the convention staff, before blackmail, egos and personal agendas got in the way. A letter from Damon accompanied the DVDs which said, "I guess G-FEST, like all gatherings of humans, will always have its drama, politics, rivalries, etc." How true!

Thanks, Damon for the DVDs! Maybe we'll meet somewhere along the trail sometime in the future.

No comments:

Search This Blog