"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It Finally Happened

Well, it's finally happened.

After three and a half years of illness-free living, not a single cold, flu or other common malady, I finally came down with a cold last night.

At first, I thought it might be allergy-related. I was coughing up gunk and it wouldn't quit. I took some aspirin and went to bed. But it persists this morning (it is in both my throat and nose) and I am fighting back with 500 mg. of Vitamin C, aspirin and orange juice. It seems relatively mild, even though annoying.

Still, I am grateful that I hadn't been ill for three and a half years. That's a record for me. The last was in the early 1970s when I went two years without any illness.

Several friends over at Facebook have posted that they either currently have colds or just getting over one. Obviously, it is something that's going around.

UPDATE: I had to call off for tonight. This cold has gotten worse even though I had some "Jewish cold medicine" (i.e., chicken noodle soup).

No comments:

Search This Blog