"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An Unexpected Nap



Today started out normally. I had to go to the Woodland Hills, California office of the California Highway Patrol to obtain a copy of an accident report's face sheet (this is the portion of an accident or police report that contains the names, addresses, phone numbers and vehicle descriptions of the parties involved in an accident). The accident occurred in the jurisdiction of the Napa CHP. I had to get this as part of my job as an insurance claims examiner.

After obtaining the CHP report's face sheet, I had to transmit it to our main office in San Bernardino (as a PDF file) so that it can be used by our adjuster in Northern California to make contact with all of the parties while investigating the claim.

With this done, I headed to Crazy Tokyo Sushi for lunch. After this, I was planning on hanging out with a lady friend, Melissa. Before doing so, I stopped at home to take some aspirin for tooth pains from a filling that fell out a few weeks ago. I would then go to Woodland Hills for some business and, from there, head over to Melissa's.

Well, being in a rush, I mistakenly took some Advil PM instead of the aspirin and headed off to Woodland Hills. While en route, it dawned on me that I took the wrong medication! I knew that in an hour, the sleep agent ingredients would kick in and I'd get drowsy. So, I started heading back home before it did.

Melissa got a good laugh out of my error when I text her while in freeway traffic. Her reaction was, "You dork. Hee hee. Ok. Raincheck!"

Luckily, I did make it home. I ended up taking a three and a half hour nap on the couch. Now, at nearly 2:00 AM, I am wide awake, but refreshed.

3 comments:

Jewelzzzz said...

Hi Merle, Sounds like you are keeping busy!! I am glad that you realized that you took the PM medication. Be more careful!! That could have had more serious consequences! I am glad that you returned back home. Didnt know about that medication worked like that!! WOW.

I wish I would have logged on this morning. I fell asleep on the couch until 3:30 this morning, wide awake! we could have chatted!!
Hope you are well.
Love & miss you,
Jewelez

Anonymous said...

Who's Melissa? Do I need to do a background check?


-your kid

Armand Vaquer said...

A friend I've known for about a year. She's a dance instructor (modern, ballroom, etc.) in Burbank.

Search This Blog