"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Discussion With Monsterland Toys



I got off the phone a little while ago with Kevin Ratliff of Monsterland Toys and we commiserated over a few things.

He gave me the G-FEST XVII sales figures for The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan and told me of some particular people who bought a copy. I was both surprised and not-surprised at the same time. I understand some "interesting" photos will be posted in the days ahead. Regardless, thanks to all for buying a copy!

He was able to discuss the current state-of-affairs (for lack of a better term) between myself and J. D. Lees with J.D. at the convention. I told him my feelings on the matter. Frankly, I think the whole matter between J. D. and me could be resolved in a single phone call. Unfortunately, both J. D. and I can be pretty stubborn chaps (maybe we both have Swedish blood). But anything's possible.

I also learned that some folks who've been at odds patched things up. That's good to hear.

It is great that Akira Takarada was so warmly received. Japanese actors generally have no idea how appreciated their work is outside of Japan. They tend to be pleasantly shocked over how popular they are in the states.

We also discussed the problems of having the convention at the convention center. Although I have misgivings over the Crowne Plaza (particularly their food prices), their facilities are best-suited for the convention it would be a wise move to return there next year. I am glad that everyone had a great time.

I was surprised to hear that the dealers room didn't draw as many people in as in past years. More than one source told me that it was "dead" in comparison. Could the never-ending recession be part of the problem?

Finally, Monsterland Toys will continue to have The Guide available through their website. I guess you can call them "an official dealer for The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan."

No comments:

Search This Blog