"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 5, 2010

Errands, Etc.

Above, Henry's Farmers Market.

Sometimes it's funny how running errands can turn out unexpectedly good.

Today, I had to go to the Promenade mall in Woodland Hills to pay a department store bill that's due today. I was almost at the mall when someone yelled my name from the street and saw that it was Patti, with whom I worked with at Western General Insurance Co.

We met up at the Promenade's parking lot and caught up on a few things. It's been a while since I've seen her and it was good seeing her again. She works for an insurance company across the street from the Promenade mall, so I gave her one of my business cards and a brochure of the independent adjusting company I work for. Maybe we'll get some business from them. (When I got home, I notified the boss of this little p.r. thing and she'll follow up with Patti in a week or two.)

After paying my bill, I headed to Ventura Blvd. At Ventura Blvd. and Topanga Canyon Blvd. is Henry's Farmers Market. I've never been to Henry's before and a friend, Heather, started working there about a couple of weeks ago. I needed some eggs anyway, so I figured I'd stop in and surprise her. I met Heather out in Malibu a few months ago and we've become good friends.

I was immediately impressed with the store when I walked in. They have a huge stock of produce, meats, dairy and other products. And, their prices were good. I bought a dozen large eggs for $1.19. Not bad!

When I called my boss when I got home, I mentioned Henry's and she said she loves shopping at the nearest one to her (somewhere near Rancho Cucamonga). She said she knows people who would travel 30 miles just to shop at Henry's out there.

When I got to the checkstands, I located Heather at one of them and got in line. She was preoccupied with customers ahead of me, and I stood behind a sign that would block my face from her view. When she finished with the customer just ahead of me, I stepped up and she didn't notice me at first, but she flashed a big smile when she saw me and grabbed my hand.

I told her that the store was very impressive and liked it. Before I left, she said she'd text me later.

If you have a Henry's Farmers Market near you, you should stop in. And, if you shop at the one in Woodland Hills, look up Heather and tell her I sent you!

No comments:

Search This Blog