"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Salute To Robert Dunham



Here's a little salute to actor Robert Dunham. The photos are from Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973).



According to Wikipedia:

Robert Dunham (July 6, 1931 - August 6, 2001) was an American actor. He is probably best known for his role as Antonio, Emperor of Seatopia in Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973); Dunham's most famous role would be that of Mark Jackson in the Japanese film, Dogora (1964). Dunham was an American living in Japan during most of the country's "Golden Age" of cinema, and was cast in several films. He spoke fluent Japanese, and his lines were never dubbed over by a Japanese actor during his career, Dunham was also a stunt driver, and lended his talents to Godzilla vs. Megalon, where Dunham played the Seatopia agent on a motorcycle, who gave chase to the protagonist of the film.




Recently, I became a Facebook friend with Dunham's daughter Emiko.

On her current activities, Emiko told me, "I am currently studying Reiki, a Japanese form of energy healing and also, I am in school full time to become a licensed/certified massage therapist. So, once I am done with school next spring, I may take a Japanese class at the university where my oldest son goes."

She adds, "My father is buried on Cape Cod, MA at a national cemetery for veterans. He had been in the USMC, after the Korean War."

She is grateful that her father is fondly remembered by his fans:

A big "thank you" goes out to all of my Dad's fans...Thank you for adding links of his movies to my wall and for sharing your pics. It means a lot to me :)


No comments:

Search This Blog