"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tales of Adventure In Malibu: A Pelican's Gift



One nice thing about working at the beach, one is able to enjoy excellent scenery. Also, one gets to see different birds and animals that live at the shore.

Last night, I was having my lunch break on a bluff overlooking Zuma Beach in Malibu. It was nice out with the sunset approaching. I had just finished eating lunch and was enjoying the view with a cup of coffee. Overhead, a flock of California brown pelicans flew by.

One of them decided to give me a gift. Right on my arm.



A few inches in a couple of directions, I would have had the "gift" either on top of my head or right smack into my coffee cup.

I heard somewhere that it means good luck to receive such a gift from a bird. "Thank-you" wasn't exactly what the first words that immediately came to mind.

No comments:

Search This Blog