"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kickback Day

August has finally arrived in the San Fernando Valley. It is hot and somewhat humid out. It is 89 degrees in the shade here. Except for a few days, it has been a milder-than-usual summer.

Today began with going out for an overdue haircut. Luckily for me, the local Supercuts had nobody ahead of me and they immediately got me in a chair.



The rest of the day was watching two Godzilla movies. Both of them dealt with alien invasions and had lots of monsters in them. I started with Destroy All Monsters and finished off with Godzilla Final Wars. I hadn't watched either for a while. The DAM version was with the AIP dub. I can't stand the Toho "international dub" version.

I enjoyed Godzilla Final Wars back when it premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theater (has it really been almost six years?) and still enjoy it.



A welcome piece of mail came in. It was a check for three claim assignments I did last week.

I was going to attend a job fair today in Woodland Hills, but I discovered that I'm out of printer ink to print off some resumes (plus it's too darn hot to go out), so I didn't bother.

Amber stopped by to pick up her mail while en route to work. Her grandmother is still in the hospital and is doing as well as can be expected.

I may just pop open a bottle of California chardonnay and take a dip in the pool this evening after a steak dinner.

No comments:

Search This Blog