"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Socks!



Why would someone post a blog topic titled "Socks!"?

Well, one nice benefit of taking annual trips to Japan is that I ended up with a good supply of socks.

As you may know, in certain situations in Japan, it is customary to remove one's shoes (such as entering someone's home, some restaurants, etc.) and it wouldn't do to have socks that are tattered and have holes in the toes if put into one of those situations.

Since I went to Japan each year from 2004 to 2007, I bought a new supply socks for each trip. I ended up having a drawer full of socks that are in great shape.

Since my last trip to Japan was in April 2007, my supply is finally getting low and I had to toss some out as they were beyond repair.

This fall, I plan to return to Japan, so a trip to the department store for a new supply of socks will be in order. Since my current supply is getting frayed, I may have to go purchase more a lot sooner.

No comments:

Search This Blog