"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 20, 2010

Powell's Illegal Immigrant Gaffe


On Meet The Press yesterday, Gen. Colin Powell said this about illegal immigrants to David Gregory:

We have millions and millions of illegal immigrants in our country, undocumented individuals, who are working, who are doing things we need done in this country. They’re all over my house, doing things, making repairs. I’m sure you’ve seen them at your house.


Then today, Powell tried to retreat:

I don’t hire illegal immigrants. On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be “illegal.”


First, Powell says illegal immigrants are "all over my house" (Rush Limbaugh said that it sounds as if illegals are swarming Powell's estate like cockroaches) and then he says he doesn't hire them.

No wonder Michelle Malkin referred to Powell today as a "crapweasel." (Interesting term, I can think of a number of people who are crapweasels.)

No comments:

Search This Blog