"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Japan Bound!

Above, the Nijubashi Bridge at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

Confirmation from my work that I got the time off to go to Japan was received yesterday. I'll be heading there December 4.

So, for the first time in a little over 3 1/2 years I'll be back in Japan. I plan on meeting with Japanese media and book dealers to see about arranging a deal to sell The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan while in Tokyo. Thus far, to media outlets have expressed interest: The Japan Times and Japan Today. I expect to hear from others in the next few days. While in Tokyo, I hope to meet up with a few old (and new) friends.

I am also taking a few days to see Niigata. I haven't been to the Sea of Japan side of Honshu, so this'll be interesting.

Although the foreign exchange rate between the Japanese yen and the U.S. dollar is not the greatest (hovering around 81 JPY/USD), I am not letting that dissuade me from going. I'll just have to "absorb" the difference between what I can get now and what I got three and a half years ago.

No comments:

Search This Blog