"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Japan Trip Business: Falling Into Place

Things are starting to fall into place for business in Japan related to The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan during my trip to Japan two weeks from now.

At present, I have some tentative meetings scheduled with Japanese print/Internet news outlets along with book dealers in Tokyo. One has offered to put me in touch with Japanese book distributors.


As my stay in Tokyo is limited, before taking a break to see Niigata, I am "front-loading" as many meetings as possible in Tokyo during business hours. Social activities will have to be conducted during the evening hours.

The English-language publications market is very limited in Japan, especially on niche topics such as this. I don't expect to become a millionaire from travel guide sales in Japan, but I do see potential profit there as my printing costs are in a reasonable range. The key is to keep the overhead costs down as much as possible which, thus far, I have been able to do.


Besides the business standpoint, this will be an educational experience for me as well. This will be a opportunity to learn the "ins and outs" of the Japanese publishing industry.

This should be interesting!

No comments:

Search This Blog