"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 3, 2010

Japan Schedule

Above, the Godzilla statue in Hibiya replaces the Hachiko statue in Shibuya as a meet-up place on this trip.

Well, it appears my schedule in Japan is (more or less) firmed up.

I arrive on Sunday afternoon. Meeting up with a friend that evening.

On Monday morning, I am meeting with book dealers and distributors on The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan and Peter H. Brothers's Mushroom Clouds and Mushroom Men. It appears I have the afternoon free to wander around to see the following:

1. The new Godzilla statue at Toho Studios.

2. Asakusa to pick up gifts for my daughter and friends.

3. The new Tokyo Skytree Tower (it isn't too far from Asakusa).

4. Since I am an early riser, I plan to go to the Tsukiji Fish Market and watch the bidding on the day's fish catch delivery that morning. I will try out some fresh sushi while there. Or, I can also do this on Tuesday morning.


On Tuesday, I have an interview with Japan Today on The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan. At noon, I have lunch with Masaharu Ina of Toho Cinemas. In the afternoon, I have an interview with the The Daily Yomiuri on The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan. On two of my appointments, we'll be meeting up at the Godzilla statue in Hibiya.

On Wednesday, I head to Niigata for some R & R and site-seeing. I'll be there to Saturday. On Saturday, I return to Tokyo. If I get back early enough (it is about a two-hour train ride on the shinkansen), I can do more wandering around in Tokyo.

Sunday, I head back home.

I will see Space Battleship Yamato on one of the evenings in Tokyo (heck, I could also see it in Niigata, I'm sure there's some theaters playing it there).

I do have a couple of possible pending appointments that could be added in. Just waiting to hear back from them.

Gee, I hope I didn't forget anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds nive have fun....see u when u get back!!!!!!!

Search This Blog