"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

GatewayLAX Has Them Beat!


Global ticket sources aren't all created equal. Much of their pricing depends upon the contracts they enter into with the airlines. Yes, I posted about this topic back in November, but saving money on air fares is something that bears repeating.

I used to use Expedia, Travelocity or Priceline for finding lower prices on air fares to Japan. Not anymore.

None of them have been able to beat the prices I've obtained from GatewayLAX. GatewayLAX isn't a big ticket company, but I've received good service and, most importantly, great prices from them.

Air fares in general have shot up in recent years along with additional fees that have been tacked on by airline carriers. Thus far, I've been able to avoid the extra fees except for fuel service surcharge and taxes.

Last month, I flew to Japan aboard Korean Air. The round-trip base fare I received (LAX to Narita) was $565.00, which is great. If only it would be just that amount I had to pay. However, the fuel service fee surcharge and taxes came to $312.00, which made the grand total (for my round-trip flights to and from Japan) $877.00. If you request a printed ticket, it would cost you more. I go with electronic tickets. Korean Air didn't need to see my e-ticket print-out. All they needed to see was my passport and with it, they pulled up my booking information. Very simple!

If you are planning a trip to Japan on your own or planning to go on G-Tour this year, I would recommend giving GatewayLAX a try for your airline ticketing needs. I've saved a lot of money by using them!

Remember: airline ticket prices are much cheaper if you travel during the off-season!

GatewayLAX's website is www.gatewaylax.com.

No comments:

Search This Blog