"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 31, 2011

Ronald Reagan: Presidential Years

Text by Armand Vaquer with photos by Armand Vaquer and The White House.

(The photographs contained herein are from Armand Vaquer's personal collection and are not to be copied, posted or published without written permission.)

This coming Sunday will be February 6. The date will mark the centennial of President Ronald Reagan's birth in Tampico, Illinois on February 6, 1911.

As the media focused on the anniversary this week, I decided to go through my photo albums of pictures I took of President Reagan. This collection are just some of my photos from the White House years.

Above, President Reagan mingles with the members of the 1980 California Delegation to the Republican National Convention in the East Room of the White House. I took this photo with a Vivitar 110 film camera. I figured it would be easier to use (and get past the Secret Service screeners) than a bulky 35mm camera. The reception was held on June 24, 1982.

Above, this White House photo shows President Reagan signing reception attendees' invitations. I am in the background at left above someone's white shoulder.

Above, my invitation to the White House. I also had President Reagan sign it. It is now a family heirloom.

Above, a lucky reception attendee had his picture taken with the President by a White House photographer. I can be clearly seen in the background at left.

Above, President Reagan addresses a huge Labor Day crowd at his campaign kick-off rally at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley, California.

Above, President and Mrs. Reagan head to the podium at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles on Election Night in 1984 following President Reagan's landslide victory over Walter Mondale.

Above, President Reagan delivers his victory speech at the Century Plaza Hotel in November 1984.

Above, another photo of President Reagan as he delivers his re-election victory speech at the Century Plaza Hotel in November 1984.

I also have photographs of President Reagan that I took at the 1984 Republican National Convention in Dallas, Texas. Most of those are at a distance, so I decided to just post these photographs as they are closer in.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these photographs.

No comments:

Search This Blog