"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 7, 2011

The California DMV Snail


The California Department of Motor Vehicles should adopt the turtle or snail as their symbol. Either one would be an accurate reflection on the kind of services they currently provide.

My driver's license was due to expire on my birthday, which was on February 4. On January 11, I mailed in my renewal notice along with my check to the DMV in Sacramento. January 11 should've been an advanced enough time for my new license to be mailed on or about my birthday, right?

Nope.

My birthday came and went and no new driver's license showed up in the mail. The renewal tags for the two Mustangs were a little late (by about 2 weeks), but they came.

Finally, today my driver's license showed up in the mailbox: a month and three days late.

Gee, what great service our taxpayer & user-funded state Department of Motor Vehicles provides! I am so impressed! Not!

No comments:

Search This Blog