"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Remembering Rep. Steve Horn


A notice was received this morning concerning former Congressman Steve Horn:

A Public Celebration of Life


A public Celebration of Life remembering Steve Horn will be held on Saturday, April 30 at CSULB’s Carpenter Performing Arts Center beginning at 2 p.m. Steve Horn served as the university’s President from 1970 to 1988 and as a U.S. Congressman representing California’s 38th District from 1993 through 2003. He died February 17 at his home in Long Beach from complications related to Alzheimer’s Disease.


Congressman Horn was president of California State University, Long Beach during the time I was a student there.

He and I had a few discussions when I was First V.P. of the Los Angeles County Young Republicans during my CSULB years. Following graduation from CSULB, I was my assembly district's Republican Central Committee Chairman and I would occasionally run into him at GOP conventions and other events in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County. I was a hardcore conservative, and he a moderate, but we got along well and he was a good congressman. I am saddened to learn that he passed away.

A press release has been issued by CSULB. To read it, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog