"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How Timely!


Last night was very windy and I think the wind caused a power problem with my old computer. I was using it last night when I heard a noise and the computer shut down. As I was about to go to bed anyway, I just didn't bother trying to re-start it.

This morning, I tried to start it up but it seems to be not getting any power. The monitor is fine, but the computer is dead.

Although I mainly use my laptop, I used the old one for claims work-related stuff and printing. Now since the computer is down, so is the printer. I have no idea where the CD that came with the printer went to. I've had the computer and printer for 11 years.

As providence would have it (that's what I meant by "how timely"), I received a new claim assignment late this morning. It is to make a cold call on the president of a trucking company in San Pedro. Well, it appears that it's my luck this assignment came in so I can use the money to have the computer repaired (if it is repairable).

I went down to San Pedro and nobody was around, so I left a note and card at the door. The traffic coming back was terrible and the air temperature was in the eighties outside. It took me more than a half hour to get from Washington Blvd. to Sunset Blvd. (usually a 5 minute drive) on the San Diego (I-405) Freeway.

I shouldn't complain, my drive time and mileage are compensated. Plus, this also means I get to go back to San Pedro again.

No comments:

Search This Blog