"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 2, 2011

bin Laden Premonition?


Last Thursday night, I was working the graveyard shift in my "parachute" job of patrolling an exclusive residential area in the Burbank hills.

Right, the compound in Pakistan where bin Laden was killed.

Earlier in the day, for some unknown reason Osama bin Laden and the September 11 attacks were on my mind. I've a copy of the 9/11 commission's report. I decided to bring that along to read in-between patrols.

Last night, I was out patrolling in Reseda in the company's "super-charged golf cart" and was texting with a friend in Arizona in-between patrols. At about eight o'clock last evening, while on patrol, I heard numerous gunshots in the distance from different sources. It almost sounded like New Year's.

Continuing my patrol, I received a text message from my friend in Arizona saying, "I'm just happy that Osama is dead!" Thought she was joking and misread it to mean Obama. But no, she said, "Bin Laden is DEAD!!!" I then radioed my supervisor and he confirmed it.

It was then I knew why all the gunshots in the distance. Finishing my patrol, I went to my car to listen to the radio and it said that U.S. Special Forces raided a compound in Pakistan and killed bin Laden.

It seems like I may have had a premonition of yesterday's news on Thursday. I hadn't throught of bin Laden for months. But I did Thursday night.

Weird.

No comments:

Search This Blog