"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If It Isn't One Thing...

Well, I got my old Hewlett-Packard computer running again. It seems that the problem was in the power cord. I had a feeling that was the problem, but was too lazy to crawl under my desk to go through all the wires underneath to isolate the problem connection. Until today.

At least I saved the expense in going to a computer repairer to take care of it. Now I can use my printer again!

I found out today that my credit card company (J.P. Morgan/Chase) took my monthly payment out of my checking account twice instead of once like they were supposed to. This caused two checks to bounce with two overdraft charges of $34 each. I had to go to my bank (J.P. Morgan/Chase again) today to find the problem.

I raised holy hell with the credit card company. I only demanded that the two $34 overdraft charges be reimbursed. I should hear back from them within 2 days. They know that if they refuse, I'm taking them to Small Claims Court.

Thankfully, I received some orders for The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan for some eatin' money and to cover the two bounced checks.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

While my credit card and checking account problem is an annoyance, others have problems that make that almost trivial.

My good friend, Archie Waugh, found himself out of a job. He was working at a restaurant in Palmetto, Florida that opened up thirteen months ago, but just failed. Unfortunately, starting up a restaurant business is a risky enterprise even in normal times (I've seen so many fail). But it is even riskier in this depression.



Archie is a graphic designer who designed (based on an idea of mine) the cover (above) of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan as well as the ad I placed in two issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland (below). He'd be a great asset to any company in need of a graphic designer. If you have a position that he might be interested in*, email me at AMVaquer@aol.com and I'll pass it on to him.



Also, I am sure Archie is open to any free-lance work. So if you have an ad or something that you'd need a graphic-designer for, feel free to contact me on that and I'll gladly pass it on to him!

*In the Palmetto, Florida vicinity.

No comments:

Search This Blog