"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nebraska, 1977

Above, the family home in Shelton, Nebraska in 1977. My great-grandfather was the town doctor.

When my mom passed away last year, I inherited farm property in Nebraska.

The last (and only) time I've been there was in March 1977. My parents and I drove there in my parents' 1975 Gran Torino (shades of Clint Eastwood!).

There was still snow on the ground in Nebraska. In fact, there was snow from the time we entered Utah, then Colorado and Wyoming en route to Nebraska. And this was in, as I recall, a drought year.

Here's a couple of photos of the farm in Nebraska:



No comments:

Search This Blog