"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 1, 2011

Jessie Lilley Departing "Famous Monsters of Filmland"

Above, Famous Monsters #253, where my ad first appeared.

It was bound to happen.

Jessie Lilley has announced that she is departing as editor of Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine so she can re-start Mondo Cult magazine.

Lilley's statement:

Hey everybody! I’ve been with FM for over a year and it’s time to move on. I’m moving on to get Mondo Cult back on the stands. I’ll be finishing up Retro 71 and the door is open for possibly doing more Retros, but we’ll see how it goes as time goes by. My... heart lies with Retro and the more classic films, as you all know so there I am going. This has been a great year for me, and I hope also for Phil and the rest of the staff. I'm handing the editing reins over to him and wish him much luck and Godspeed. I hope I'll see you all in the pages of Mondo Cult 3 by the end of the year. - Jessie Lilley


Above, Famous Monsters #254, where my ad made its second appearance.

I worked with Jessie Lilley on my FM ads for The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan and during the process we exchanged numerous emails, some of which weren't business-related (and most often hilarious). She was a joy to work with and was a big help in the process of ad placement.

Above, the ad as created by Archie Waugh.

As I posted at the Classic Horror Film Board forum:

I'm going to miss Jessie's emails from FM. Good luck, Jessie! (You know where to find me.)

No comments:

Search This Blog