"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"KansasCutie" Remembered



Back in 2007, I was following the Kelsey Smith kidnapping and murder case and joined the Websleuths message boards. During the months that ensued, I became friends with a number of people on the boards. One was a girl from Kansas. Her handle was "KansasCutie."

Today, for the first time in months, I was perusing my friends list on my profile page and saw the shocking words "Rest In Peace" under KansasCutie's name. Checking further, I found that she died in September 2009 from a brain aneurysm. She was only 22. Her last Websleuths activity was on 09-05-2009 at 10:30 AM.

At that time, I was dealing with my mother's final illness and passing, so I didn't go over to Websleuths to learn the news when it was announced on February 23, 2010.

KC, as many of us called her, had aspired to be a dance choreographer until injuries from a car accident ended those plans. She then decided to go into law. We used to talk about her studies, her car accident, crime cases and life in general. She had a sweet personality and was so full of life. Her handle fit her perfectly.

One of the last messages I received from KC came on May 9, 2009. She wrote:

Hey there! I'm doing great....finals this week and then its offically summer! How have you been!?


It is hard to believe that 4 months later she left this mortal coil.

The last message I sent KC was on November 15, 2009, when nobody at Websleuths knew she had passed away two months previously:

KC: Go to the Political Pavilion. Kelsey's dad is running for the KS House of Representatives!


Unfortunately, I never got to know her real name (I never asked). No matter. Life just got sadder anyway.

R.I.P., KC.

********

UPDATE (7/6/11): KC did post that her first name was Brittaney.

********

UPDATE (7/7/11): Her actual name was Ashley Mirsepasi. This is her obituary from KU:
http://www.kansan.com/news/2009/sep/15/mirsepasi/

Left, a picture KC sent me. If the picture at top is her actual photo, then who's this? This and other photos of the same girl were claimed to be KansasCutie (i.e., Ashley).

8 comments:

former WS poster said...

What ever happened with this?

I posted at WS in 2008/2009 and I well recognize the photo of the student who we (now?) know is not KansasCutie aka, Ashley.

Sooooo weird! KansasCutie claimed to have a lot of friends who died and to read what became of her? So strange. And WS won't let anyone mention KansasCutie.

Thx for the info! So darned sad!!

Armand Vaquer said...

I haven't heard anything new.

Anonymous said...

I think WS knows they were hoaxed, and it would not be the first time. their response to shut down on the whole KC thing was suspect as hell.

saw this on gawker this week and it reminded me of KC -- http://gawker.com/5914621/the-long-fake-life-of-js-dirr-a-decade+long-internet-cancer-hoax-unravels?tag=hoaxes

Anonymous said...

I saw that Gawker hoax, but I don't think KansasCutie was completely fabricated. Armand has the real photo and I do believe that is the real poster and that she was a college student, from all I have read.

I posted with KansasCutie at WS and lost track of the site and KC. I am *shocked* to find this update. I was reviewing an old thread and saw "Rest In Peace." I couldn't believe it----and since I didn't want to rifle through all the "basement" threads at WS, I had no idea KansasCutie had passed! Knowing the way adnoid and company moderate, the truth is likely buried on that site.

Thanks, Armand! I know it's been a long time since Ashley passed, but it feels so new. Thank you for publishing the true story. I am glad I didn't waste any time at WS.....the truth is buried there.

Armand Vaquer said...

You're welcome! Like you, I was shocked to learn of her passing after months of not going to WS. Life has its strange twists.

Considering the Windchime matter, I am not surprised that WS locked down anything concerning KC. - A.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I saw the thread on WS about her passing and their threats to shut down any searches about her. I never could figure out what that was about... until now.

I remember KC and posted often with her in the Kelsey Smith forum where she spoke about her relationship with Kelsey's murderer. I also recall that she had loads of threads/posts about makeup, hair alongside photos of this other girl who it turns out that she was not.

Along with wondering who the real KC was and if anything she spoke about was truth, I'll always wonder who this other girl was that she so desperately wanted to be. So sad that she died so young and seemingly lost. :( RIP

Unknown said...

That bottom pic is Erin Lustig. 100% certain.

Anonymous said...

I was also WS friends With KC Cutie. Apparently she lied about a lot of things because she told me her sister's boyfriend molested her. And then come to find out she didn't even have a sister.

Search This Blog