"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 World Ag Expo



When my mother passed away in January 2010, I inherited farm property in Buffalo County, Nebraska.

While I have an excellent tenant farmer working the property, it has been my desire to educate myself in the agriculture industry. Admittedly, I knew diddly-squat about the farming industry when everything fell into my lap. But nearly two years later, I now know a lot more than I did then about Dept. of Agriculture programs, crop insurance, property taxes, corn prices, etc.

But it would be wise for me to further educate myself on agriculture.

This coming February, the 2012 World Ag Expo will take place in Tulare, California (north of Bakersfield by about 60 miles). Former President George W. Bush will be participating at an event during the expo.

According to their website:

Located in California’s Central Valley, 45 miles south of Fresno and 60 miles north of Bakersfield, just off Highway 99. Airfields are located in Tulare, Visalia, Fresno and Bakersfield.

World Ag Expo is the largest annual agriculture exposition celebrating 45 years of innovative agriculture with:

1,600 exhibitors displaying the latest in farm equipment, chemicals, communications, and technology on 2.5 million square feet of exhibit space.

Free seminars on a variety of topics important to dairy producers, farmers, ranchers and agribusiness professionals.

Cooking demonstrations by chefs from California’s top restaurants in the World Ag Women Pavilion.


This looks to be something that could provide useful information for the future. Couldn't hurt to check it out!

No comments:

Search This Blog