"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

On Footballs & Frisbees At The Beach, Supervisor Antonovich Responds


In response to my post on the $1,000 fine for throwing footballs or Frisbees at L.A. County beaches, Supervisor Mike Antonovich sent me the following email:

Thank you for your e-mail to my office.

Recent media reports on the County’s Beach ordinance were misleading.

The Board of Supervisors actually lifted a 42-year-old ban on football and Frisbee throwing and replaced it with restrictions on crowded beach days when wayward balls or Frisbees could hit other people.

Please see the attached release from the Department of Beaches and Harbors with more information.

If you have further questions, please call my Deputy, Tony Bell or Edel Vizcarra at 213-974-5555.

Sincerely,

MICHAEL D. ANTONOVICH
Supervisor, Fifth District


I have to thank Supervisor Mike Antonovich for responding. However, I still question the nessessity for the ordinance. I think it is taking things a little too far. Does the government have be an overprotective nanny for everything?!

No comments:

Search This Blog