"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Burton's "Dark Shadows" A Comedy?



The trailer (above) for the new Tim Burton Dark Shadows movie, with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, has people talking.

The trailer indicates to some that the movie would be played as a comedy or spoof.

Over on Twitter, I asked original series cast member David (Quentin Collins) Selby, "Is the DS movie "comedic" or not?"

His webmaster responded:

Production was all very hush hush. Not sure even the original series actors with cameos know. (I'm David's webmaster.)


Wonder why details are so hush-hush? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.



UPDATE: I watched the trailer several times and this is my gut reaction (as posted over at the Classic Horror Film Board):

I enjoyed Ed Wood. It was a very entertaining movie. It could have been a depressing movie given its subject matter.

I watched both Dan Curtis television series (1967-71 & 1991) and the two feature films.

From what I can tell from the trailer, this is definitely a movie whose approach is from the comedic side. Is that bad? I don't think so. It looks to me that this will be entertaining. Maybe hardcore Dark Shadows devotees won't particularly like it, but I think this may be a fun movie.

No comments:

Search This Blog