"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, March 16, 2012

Not A Boring Night In Burbank

Above, the scene of the crime. Photo by Glendale News Press.

It was an interesting Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

I was working in my "parachute" job as a private patrol officer in the Tarzana hills. Midway in my shift, I was asked if I wanted some overtime hours after my shift ended in Burbank. I agreed to do so. Why not? Easy money. Should be a quiet night

Or so I thought.

This little incident occurred in the private community where I was working:

Burbank police arrested a 76-year-old man early Thursday morning for allegedly firing off two shots in an attempt to scare off two men who were on his property in search a vehicle for repossession.


At about 12:33 AM, two Burbank police cars came through the community's gate on a Code 3 (lights and sirens). I followed them (as I was in charge of the community's security that night and I have to provide a report to the company and homeowners' association).

At the scene, there were two other police cars (they came through the other gate). They were shortly joined by ten more police vehicles. The officers all got out and were in tactical mode with weapons drawn.

This went on for over two hours. So much for a quiet night. At least the night wasn't boring.

For more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog