"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Richard and Pat Nixon


Former President Richard Nixon has been a focus of my attention lately.

I recently finished reading Monica Crowley's book, Nixon In Winter, which is about the former president's final years. (A good read, I highly recommend it.) It shouldn't be surprising that my attention would be caught when I saw a Tweet by talk-radio host Hugh Hewitt with the title, "Nixon In Love" (with a link attached).

So, I went there and found it to be the blog of longtime former Nixon aide John Taylor.

Above, President and Mrs. Nixon greet supporters at the Century Plaza Hotel parking lot in September 1972 during the re-election campaign. I am in the crowd (arrow).

It is an insider's account of the love story between Richard and Pat Nixon. Much of their relationship was corroborated in Crowley's book.

To view the blog post, go here.

Their love letters are on display at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. For more on this, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog