"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mad Monster Party Convention Musings

Above, Haruo Nakajima (right) and Armand in 2000.  Nakajma signed the photo in 2008.

The Mad Monster Party Convention next year promises to be a good one.  It will be held March 22-24, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

For me, it will be the first time I've been to the eastern seaboard since I went to Washington, D.C. back in June 1982.  Charlotte is "just down the coast" from there.  It will be interesting to see what the weather will be like in March.

I will be moderating Haruo Nakajima's sessions.  His daughter Sonoe will be assisting him as will I.  I will have a table next to his for sales of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.  We'll be nice and cozy!

All of Charlotte's hotels are non-smoking.  This won't present a problem for Mr. Nakajima as he, according to Sonoe, stopped smoking.

Seeing David Hedison again will be fun.  We had a good chat when I saw him at Monsterpalooza a couple of years ago.  I am looking forward to meeting Linnea Quigley (below right).  She's been a favorite "scream queen" of mine for years.  And, I am looking forward to meeting Veronica Carlson of Hammer horrors fame.

At present, we are trying to secure two Japanese actresses for the convention.

The organizers seem to have their act together.  They will have a lounge for the guests to unwind in and a translator for Mr. Nakajima.

From what I've seen of the Blake Hotel, it looks to be a nice venue for a convention.

For more details on Mad Monster Party Convention 2013, go here.





No comments:

Search This Blog