"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Michael Reagan Endorses Brad Sherman

Above, Michael Reagan and Armand, circa 1977.


The other day I received a mailer from Michael Reagan on behalf of the Brad Sherman campaign.  It was a surprise to see Mike endorse Brad Sherman (who is running against Rep. Howard Berman in the new 30th Congressional District).  

At this time, I am still on the fence in this race.  To me, it is a case of Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum.  Anyone who regularly follows this blog knows that I am no fan of Brad Sherman.  Recently, at a candidate's forum, Sherman assaulted (or came awfully close to it) Berman while on stage.  Sherman is my age and Berman is 71.  I have to wonder about Sherman's stability and self-control in assaulting an old man.  I am no fan of Howard Berman either (this goes back to the days when the Waxman-Berman machine had carpetbagger candidates run against Republican legislators such as Paul Bannai).

I received the following email from the Sherman campaign with Michael Reagan's endorsement:

Dear Friend, 

You know me as a conservative Republican leader dedicated to the legacy and philosophy of my father. You may also know that for decades I have lived in the San Fernando Valley and been active in the Valley community. 
Prior to June 5, I endorsed a Republican candidate to represent our district in the United States Congress. Under California's new system, however, on the November ballot there will only be two candidates, both Democrats. 
For the first time that I can remember I will be voting for a Democrat for the United States Congress. 
My father always stood for stopping unnecessary spending. He always believed that the President of the United States should have a line item veto so he could block pork barrel projects and cut waste in government. Brad Sherman cosponsored and voted for the Line Item Veto to stop unnecessary spending. His opponent voted against it. 
The $700 billion TARP bailout of Wall Street was an intrusion of the federal government in the private market. Brad Sherman led the fight against the Wall Street bailout, and forced changes that saved America hundreds of billions of dollars. 
Trust me, Brad Sherman and I certainly do not agree on all issues. However, Brad Sherman is dedicated to the San Fernando Valley. He works personally every day to help Valley residents unsnarl problems with the federal bureaucracy. He and his staff are unmatched in their service to our communities and they have helped thousands of Valley residents.

Brad Sherman has held over 160 town halls in the San Fernando Valley, where he listens not only to Democrats but also to us Republicans. That is why, on November 6, I'm voting for Congressman Brad Sherman.
Yours truly,

Michael Reagan

No comments:

Search This Blog