"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"The Man With The Golden Gun"

Above, the book I read over the weekend.


I read Ian Fleming's The Man With The Golden Gun over the weekend.  Actually, I read it all in seven hours.

The story starts with James Bond, who was brainwashed by the Soviets, attempting to kill his boss "M."  After the attempt fails he undergoes rehabilitation and is sent on a mission to Jamaica kill Francisco Scaramanga, the man with the golden gun, to prove himself fully fit, mentally and physically.

It is a fast-paced book, and the last by Ian Fleming.  The movie version is totally different.  I feel that had Eon Productions followed the book, it would have been a much better movie.

I have one last Fleming book to buy and read: Thunderball.  I am holding off on reading For Your Eyes Only until I get and read Thunderball.  For Your Eyes Only is a collection of short stories.


No comments:

Search This Blog