"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Andy's Coffe Shop, Pasadena



Following my successful visit to Book Alley in Pasadena this morning, where I finally found a copy of Thunderball to complete my Ian Fleming book collection, I found a nearby diner to have breakfast at.

The diner is Andy's Coffe Shop (no, that's not a typo) at 1234 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106.  It was a block west of Book Alley used book store.

The diner is decorated in photos of celebrities including Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and others on the walls.  (One celebrity who should have his photo there: George Reeves.  Reeves grew up in Pasadena and was an actor at the Pasadena Playhouse. Maybe I'll suggest it to them the next time I stop in.)

I had their chorizo and egg breakfast.  Along with chorizo mixed in scrambled eggs, the meal also included refried beans, rice and a choice of flour or corn tortillas (I chose flour).  The portions were generous and tasted great!  They are a little pricey (it was around $10 for the breakfast), but the portions were generous enough for me to overlook it.

If one is in Pasadena during the breakfast or lunch hours, I recommend stopping in for a meal.


No comments:

Search This Blog