"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Day In Little Tokyo

Above, a taiko drum performer wows the crowd.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

If I can manage to get out of bed early enough, I hope to head (again) to Little Tokyo for this coming New Year's Day celebration (Oshogatsu).

Above, fan dancers perform at Weller Court.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
It is a fun event with entertainment, food booths, Japanese goods vendors and many Japanese ladies colorfully dressed in kimonos.

Above, colorful kimonos on display.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
The event is held throughout Little Tokyo with the main area of entertainment at Weller Court.

The last one I attended was on New Year's Day of 2011.  I think I had to work the night before this year's celebration, so I missed it.  The accompanying photos are from the celebration of 2011.

Above, the crowds gather at Onizuka Square.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

If you happen to be in Los Angeles on New Year's Day, I urge you to consider attending the Oshogatsu celebration in Little Tokyo.


No comments:

Search This Blog