"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Favorite Movie of 2012



Okay, enough of politics (at least for now).

Shifting gears, I thought I would mention my favorite movie of 2012.  This is an easy one as the genre is one of my favorites (which dates back to around 1963 when I saw a double-bill of Doctor No and From Russia With Love).

Obviously, my favorite movie of 2012 is Skyfall, the fiftieth anniversary James Bond film with Daniel Craig as James Bond, Judi Dench as M and Javier Bardem as Raoul Silva, one of the best and slimy villains in quite a long time.

Daniel Craig is now my second-favorite Bond actor, second only to Sean Connery (number one) and Timothy Dalton (number three).

The set pieces, pacing, direction, locales, acting and story made this movie memorable for me.  A lot of other people seem to agree as Skyfall reportedly has made $1 billion worldwide.  That is quite remarkable for an entry in a half-century-old movie franchise!

Oddly, my least-favorite movie of 2012 also starred Daniel Craig: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.   It was just a dumb movie.

Hopefully, Eon Productions can keep making James Bond movies of this quality and Daniel Craig stays as Bond for several more.








No comments:

Search This Blog