"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mad Monster Party Day Two: I Acted With Haruo Nakajima

Above, Godzilla poses with "Godzilla."  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
Day Two of Mad Monster Party started out with a movie shoot outside in the light rain.  I did my second bit of "acting" with Haruo Nakajima (the first was a couple of years ago in Malibu).  This might have been the first acting work Mr. Nakajima has done in quite a while.  He proved that he still has his acting "chops" at age 84.  It was for a video that will be shown later this year.

Above, Haruo Nakajima and I during our movie shoot.

The convention itself was busy with many fans lined up to get Mr. Nakajima's autograph and to have their picture taken with him.  Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett sought out and met Mr. Nakajima while Nakajima was returning from a break in the V.I.P. room.

Above, Haruo Nakajima approaches "Godzilla."  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One fan was dressed in a homemade Godzilla costume and they posed together for several photographs.

Above, Haruo Nakajima signs a rare Mattel Shogun Warrior Godzilla toy.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tomorrow will begin with my Q & A session with Mr. Nakajima that will begin at 11:11 a.m.  Later, he will be posing for photographs (at 2:00 P.M.) in front of the green screen with fans.

Above, Haruo Nakajima signs a M1 Godzilla toy of himself.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
Above, Haruo Nakajima and I during our scene.

A funny thing happened to me this evening as I was about to enter the bar that was holding the "Scaraoke" event.  A Charlotte police officer was standing guard at the entrance and asked to see my i.d.  I just grinned and said, "Thanks for the compliment!"  He laughed.  This was the first time in 37 years I've been carded!



No comments:

Search This Blog