"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 11, 2013

Ten Days Away From Mad Monster Party, etc.

Ten days from today, I will be jetting to the east coast to the Mad Monster Party in Charlotte, North Carolina.  It will be the first time in about 31 years since I've been on that side of the continent.

Lately, I've been concentrating on getting Haruo Nakajima's photos ready and working on the panel discussion questions.  This will likely be the case up to my departure from Los Angeles International Airport.

I am debating on bringing the heavy box of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan with me or ship it ahead of time.  Since I have to change planes in Cincinnati, Ohio, this increases the chance that I may arrive in Charlotte without my luggage or box of travel guides at Charlotte's Douglas International Airport.  I will see how much it would cost to ship them vs. bringing them with me.

I've only had one bad experience where my luggage did not arrive at my destination with me.  Fortunately, the airline found my luggage and sent it over to me the next morning in a taxi.  This was back in 1980 when I had to be in the Denver area for a two week work-related training class.

As I mentioned previously, I am offering the travel guide at a 20% discount off the cover price of $15.00.  That makes them available at my "usual" convention discount of $12.00/copy.  If buyers want their copy signed, I will gladly do so at no charge.

The Mad Monster Party is being held at the Blake Hotel and it is my understanding that all hotel rooms have been booked up.  I've been told that there are other hotels nearby, so if you still are thinking about attending, you may want to book your room now with one of them.

For details on the Mad Monster Party, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog